The purpose of the Professional-Technical Education Awards Program is to recognize and honor exemplary professional-technical education programs.
Depending on the award applied for, to qualify for an award the program may be required to:
- Have an active and functioning local advisory committee.
- Be accessible to all individuals regardless of race, sex, age, culture, handicap, religion or ethnic origin.
- Be an active Tech-Prep program with a signed written agreement between the secondary and postsecondary institutions.
- Include student leadership organization activities as an integral part of the program.
- Cite specific elements of the program that set this program apart from other programs in the same field.
- Incorporate specific strategies for involving industry.
- Implement curriculum that aligns to PTE and State academic standards, and is maintained in accordance with the changing needs of business and industry.
- Have program staff engaging in professional development that is benefiting the overall program.
- Encourage nontraditional students to participate in the program.
- Be endorsed by the State Division of Professional-Technical Education Program Manager.