American Careers Student Planner
The Idaho Division of Professional-Technical Education has been purchasing American Careers Student Planners for high schools and middle schools for several years. These magazines are designed to assist middle school staff in career exploration, and also to help students meet state and national educational standards.
The magazine comes with enough copies for all the eighth graders in your school as well as the Teaching Guide provided for the teacher.
The Student Publication
If you have used this magazine, you are aware
of the value and accuracy of the information designed for:
• Life Planning • Career Clusters • Educational Purposes
The Teaching Guide
The Teaching Guide is organized into sections for each career pathway.
Each section includes:
• Integrated skills and student objectives synthesized from national and state standards
• Teacher notes with support and suggestions for each of the content sections
• Student activity pages to be duplicated and distributed for student use
• An authentic performance assessment and scoring guide
Student Projects w/Teacher Notes
Projects are designed to give students an opportunity to select projects that relate to their own interests and skills.