Renewing the Postsecondary PTE Occupational Specialist Certificate
The certificated educator has sole responsibility for maintaining current, valid Idaho certification. For renewal purposes, the applicant must meet current State Board of Education rule and Idaho statutory renewal requirements.
The renewal application may be submitted anytime between January 1 and August 31 of the year in which the certificate expires. It is not necessary to resend any paperwork the Division would already have on file.
Renewal Application Process
1) Completed and signed application (Application for an Idaho Postsecondary Occupational Specialist, marked for renewal)
2) Attachments to the application for recertification
- Verification of completion of the Professional Development Plan (PDP) and professional development activities
- Transcripts (if applicable) from the college or university demonstrating completion of additional postsecondary coursework during the validity period of the current certificate. Copies of transcripts will be accepted.
- Recertification credits may not be carried over from one (1) renewal/recertification period to the next.
Renewal Application Submission
1) E-mail documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Mail completed application materials to:
Attn: Teacher Certification
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0095